Back to Job Board
Location: Sarnia ON
The Seaboard Transport Group is a privately-held organization comprised of numerous transport brands across Canada and the United States. Seaboard is a recognized leader in the Bulk Truckload Industry through its safe, reliable and professional operating philosophy. The Seaboard Transport Group has grown by providing excellent service to both the petroleum and chemical industries while diverging into dedicated transport services.
We are currently recruiting for a Driver Coordinator in Sarnia or Chatham Ontario.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive and log customer orders
- Schedule loads based on safety, customer service, and load efficiency from the customer information received
- Ensuring optimal truck utilization and maintain KPI target
- Create, communicate, schedule, and maintain driver schedules
- Communicate dispatch to drivers (including shift plans, plot plan information and truck and trailer information.)
- Confirm loads have been delivered
- Record all safety and service incidents to management
- Answer incoming calls, handle general inquiries, and forward calls to the appropriate destination Record customer orders, messages and requests - forward to appropriate areas
- Record deliveries in the format as required by the customer
- Post- secondary education in a related field or equivalent work experience
- Strong communication skills - Verbal and written
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven ability to deal productively and professionally with internal and external customers
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in a team environment
We are committed to employment equity and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, aboriginal people and persons with disabilities.
To apply please submit your resume to: